Ice Skating Snowman Shelf Sitter ~ #SC025 ~ Original Paxton Valley Folk Art Design

Meet Silas, the ice skating snowman.  Hand crafted by me from my own design, Silas is a primitive soft sculpture shelf sitter made from quilted muslin, homespun and cotton muslin.  He measures about 9" (23 cm) tall when sitting and is about 3 1/2" (9 cm) wide and his long, skinny legs stretch out in front of him by about 8 1/2" (21.5 cm).  He has button eyes, a wooden skewer nose, a handpainted mouth and three rusty jingle bells on his tummy.  His ice skates have been painted on with acrylic paint and tied up with some button thread.  His skate blades are crafted from a piece of rusty wire.  He has a cotton knit touque (or stocking cap for my American friends), a torn homespun scarf and he is holding onto a snowball crafted from muslin and sprinkled with German glass glitter.  He's had a bath in my coffee, vanilla and spice mixture for an aged appearance.

$30.00 + Shipping

Place your order by clicking the button below and completing the email order form. I will calculate your shipping costs and send you a PayPal invoice.


If you would like to know your shipping costs before ordering, please email me and I will calculate the postage to your location. Thanks for your interest!

1 comment:

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Silas is adorable! I could see him enhancing many a shelf.

We've been having some fun times trying to figure out how to leave a comment through Bloglovin..it's not been working for me. But Heather figured it out for me.

Jen